5 Essential Steps to Deep Cleansing Your Skin
Our skin is exposed to a lot of stress every day. The dust, pollution, sun, and even the climate can affect the way our skin looks. When the skin starts to look a bit dull, has broken out, or reacts differently to the normal skincare routine, this means that it is time for a deep clean.
If you are new to deep cleansing facials, you may be wondering why you should take the time to treat your skin with a deep cleanse. Over time, dead skin cells, oils, and others can build up on our skin. This can leave your complexion looking dull, and it is something that we certainly do not want. To prevent all that, you can give yourself a deep cleansing facial. It will break down the buildup and leave you with healthy-looking skin. Giving your skin a deep cleanse is like using a clarifying shampoo every once in a while to keep your hair looking healthy. If you are not sure how to do it, please read on.
Step 1 – Cleaning Your Face
This is a two-step process. If you have used makeup on your face, you need to first remove your makeup with a makeup remover. Then clean or wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Rub your face thoroughly with the cleanser and rinse with water. Pat dry.
Step 2 – Exfoliate
The second step is to exfoliate the dead skin cells from your skin. You do not have to do this step every day. Limit it to once or twice a week because over-exfoliating can make your skin react and have breakouts.
Ways To Exfoliate
- Wet your face with water.
- Squeeze a dime-sized amount of any gentle and soap-free scrub on your palm.
- Apply it all over your face. Avoid the delicate skin around the eyes. Massage your face in a circular motion, while focusing on your problem areas. These are areas where you have whiteheads or blackheads.
- Exfoliate your face for five minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Exfoliate is good for nourishing your skin and it will leave it feeling incredibly soft, smooth, and clean with a renewed healthy glow.
Step 3 – Steaming
After exfoliation, steam the face to soften the skin and open up the pores. This step is to make it easy for the skin to absorb the nutrients of the skincare products that will be applied in the following steps. It is also an easy way to extract blackheads if any.
Ways To Steam Face
- Pour some warm water into a bucket or fill a sink with warm water.
- You may also add some essential oils like peppermint, sandalwood, or eucalyptus to the water if you wish.
- Bend over the steaming water and cover your head with a towel.
- Hold your face over the steam for 10 minutes.
Step 4 – Toning
Toning will balance the pH levels of your skin. It is best to use a chemical-free and mild toner that is suitable for your skin type.
Step 5 – Moisturize
This is the final step of deep cleansing your face and it is the most relaxing step in the process. Moisturizing will help to keep your face hydrated and also takes care of skin issues. For this step, you may use a moisturizing serum, moisturizer, or an anti-aging night cream.
Below are the steps on what you need to do.
- Take a small amount of the serum cream or lotion. Dot them all over your face and neck.
- Gently massage in a circular motion.
The face massage will help you spread the products evenly onto the skin.
It is recommended to give your face a deep cleansing every four to six weeks.